DJ Console MK4
Product number : 4780638 4780807 4781019 4782015
- If your computer PC/Mac with USB 3 ports does not detect your DJ console:
1) Test your DJ Console on a PC with either Windows 7 or Windows 8.0, or with not any USB 3 port.
Open the Hercules DJ Control Panel, go to the About tab and check the Firmware version.
To work on computers with a USB 3 port, the firmware version must end with:
- 17 on DJ Console Mk2,
- 32 on DJ Console Rmx,
- 22 on DJ Console Mk4,
- 18 on DJ 4Set,
- 16 on DJ Console 4-Mx.
2) Try using a shorter, well-shielded USB 2 cable (a maximum of 3.3 feet/1 meter in length)
3) Connect a USB 3 hub powered by a power supply between your DJ Console and the USB port of your computer.
For more information, please refer to the knowledge base article:
|HDJCSeries MAC® [DJSeriesInstall 6.18s]||MAC||OSX 10.10 - OSX 10.11 - OSX 10.12 - OSX 10.13 - OSX 10.14 - OSX 10.6 - OSX 10.7 - OSX 10.8 - OSX 10.9|
|HDJCSeries PC [2020.HDJS.1]||PC||Windows 10 - Windows 7 - Windows 8|
|HDJCSeries MAC® [v6.40s BETA - Big Sur - Mac OS 11]||MAC||Mac OS 11|
|HDJCSeries MAC® [DJSeriesInstall_PPC 3.31]||MAC||OSX 10.2 - OSX 10.3 - OSX 10.4|
|HDJCSeries PC [2016.HDJS.3] - Windows XP||PC||Windows 10 - Windows 7 - Windows 8 - Windows Vista|
|Manual - DJ Console MK4 / VirtualDJ6 - EN||English|
|User manual - DJ Console MK4 - EN||English|
|Hercules DJ Series - Drivers Install MAC||English|
|Hercules DJ Series - Drivers Install PC||English|
|Manual - DJ Console MK4 / VirtualDJ6 - DE||Deutsch|
|Manual - DJ Console MK4 / VirtualDJ6 - ES||Español|
|Manual - DJ Console MK4 / VirtualDJ6 - FR||Français|
|Manual - DJ Console MK4 / VirtualDJ6 - IT||Italiano|
|Manual - DJ Console MK4 / VirtualDJ6 - NL||Nederlands|
|User manual - DJ Console MK4 - DE||Deutsch|
|User manual - DJ Console MK4 - ES||Español|
|User manual - DJ Console MK4 - FR||Français|
|User manual - DJ Console MK4 - IT||Italiano|
|User manual - DJ Console MK4 - NL||Nederlands|
|User manual - DJ Console MK4 - PT||Português|
|Hercules DJ Series - Installation Pilotes MAC||MAC||Français|
|Hercules DJ Series - Installation Pilotes PC||PC||Français|
|Traktor Pro 2 (v2.68 or +) - DJ Console MK4|
|Traktor Pro/Duo (v1.27) - DJ Console MK4|
• Can I use my Hercules DJ controller with other DJ software? • Configuring external audio source with the DJ Console Mk4. • Do I need to connect speakers to my Hercules DJ devices? • PC How can I use my computer integrated speakers and the headphone output of my console? (PC) • How can I use Virtual DJ with my computer’s integrated speakers or soundcard? • MAC How can I verify that my DJ Console MK4 is correctly installed on my MAC computer? • PC How can I verify that my DJ Console Mk4 is correctly installed on my PC? • PC How can I verify that the DJ Console Mk4 is working correctly as a MIDI controller? (PC) • MAC How can I verify that the DJ Console MK4 is working correctly as a MIDI controller?(MAC) • MAC MacBook laptop configurations & OS X optimizations • PC PC laptop configurations & Windows optimizations • Virtual DJ DJC Edition - Record the microphone input in the mix • Virtual DJ Pro - Record the microphone input in the mix • What is ASIO and how do I use it?
Optimize your Windows settings for DJing
5715202-01-2017 - To avoid crackling, popping sound and distortion, you should optimize your Windows computer for DJing. If it feels like your Windows computer is slow for DJing, you should try making the following ...
Use your computer’s built-in sound card and the DJ controller’s audio at the same time in Mac OS.
4676002-01-2017 - If the DJ software’s audio setup menu only lets you select one audio device, but you want to use two sound cards simultaneously, the solution in Mac OS is to aggregate devices. The aggregate device ...
I can’t locate the VirtualDJ LE serial number for my Hercules DJ controller. Where can I find it?
4584002-01-2017 - If you have a DJ Console Mk4, DJ 4Set, DJ Console 4-Mx or DJConsole Rmx2 (except Premium TR), the VirtualDJ serial number is printed on the underside of your controller. The serial number format is: X...
The songs of iTunes library are not displayed in my DJ software (VirtualDJ, DJUCED, Traktor, Serato).
4573402-01-2017 - First, quit your DJ software. Then, make sure that iTunes'option to share your iTunes library XML with other applications is enabled. To do so: Run iTunes, go to Edit > Preferences (PC) / iT...
The DJ controller and software work but the speakers play no sound.
2370012-01-2017 - Make sure you have connected your speakers to the Master output (a stereo output called Master Out, or Mix, or Output 1-2) of your DJ controller. By default, the DJ software generally uses the aud...
When I’m DJing in Windows, the music randomly stops and I need to restart the DJ software to hear sound again.
1351002-01-2017 - Disable the Windows preset designed to save power on USB ports. This preset is enabled by default: this may cause crackling in the sound, and could even result in the DJ controller losing its conne...
If the audio tracks are stored on a USB key, the playback quality is bad.
1151002-01-2017 - In Windows, you should not play your music tracks stored on a USB key for DJing purposes. You should 1) copy the audio tracks from the USB key to your computer hard drive first, 2) then remove th...
iTunes tracks are not visible in VirtualDJ LE
970107-04-2017 - First, close the VirtualDJ LE software. Make sure that the iTunes option to share the iTunes library XML with other applications is enabled. To do so: Open iTunes, go to Edit > Prefer...
The microphone is not recorded in the DJ software
883007-04-2017 - On DJ controllers, the microphone input is often wired directly to the master output (this is called a pass-through mode) to avoid the latency software may add, but the microphone's sound can only be ...