DJ Console 4-Mx
Product number : 4780653 4780742 4780808 4780816 4781023 4782027
- If your computer PC/Mac with USB 3 ports does not detect your DJ console:
1) Test your DJ Console on a PC with either Windows 7 or Windows 8.0, or with not any USB 3 port.
Open the Hercules DJ Control Panel, go to the About tab and check the Firmware version.
To work on computers with a USB 3 port, the firmware version must end with:
- 16 on DJ Console Mk2,
- 32 on DJ Console Rmx,
- 22 on DJ Console Mk4,
- 18 on DJ 4Set,
- 16 on DJ Console 4-Mx.
2) Try using a shorter, well-shielded USB 2 cable (a maximum of 3.3 feet/1 meter in length)
3) Connect a USB 3 hub powered by a power supply between your DJ Console and the USB port of your computer.
For more information, please refer to the knowledge base article:
|HDJCSeries MAC® [DJSeriesInstall 6.51s - macOS 11 (Big Sur) & macOS 13 (Ventura)]||MAC||Mac OS 11 - Mac OS 12 - Mac OS 13|
|HDJCSeries PC [2023.HDJS.2 - Windows 10-11] ASIO drivers||PC|
|HDJCSeries MAC® [DJSeriesInstall 6.18s - OS X 10.6 to macOS 10.15.7]||MAC||OSX 10.6 - OSX 10.7 - OSX 10.8 - OSX 10.9 - OSX 10.10 - OSX 10.11|
|HDJCSeries PC [2020.HDJS.1 - Windows 7 -8.1] Asio drivers||PC||Windows 7 - Windows 8|
|HDJCSeries PC [2016.HDJS.3 - Windows XP ]||PC||Windows 7 - Windows 8 - Windows Vista - Windows 10|
|HDJCSeries PC [2023.HDJS.1 - Windows 10-11] ASIO drivers||PC|
|Getting Started - DJ Console 4-Mx||English|
|User Manual - DJ Console 4-Mx - EN||English|
|VirtualDJ 7 LE / DJ Console 4-Mx - Guide - EN||English|
|Hercules DJ Series - Drivers Install MAC||MAC||English|
|Hercules DJ Series - Drivers Install PC||PC||English|
|User Manual - DJ Console 4-Mx - DE||Deutsch|
|User Manual - DJ Console 4-Mx - ES||Español|
|User Manual - DJ Console 4-Mx - FR||Français|
|User Manual - DJ Console 4-Mx - IT||Italiano|
|User Manual - DJ Console 4-Mx - NL||Nederlands|
|User Manual - DJ Console 4-Mx - PT||Português|
|User Manual - DJ Console 4-Mx - RU||Русский|
|VirtualDJ 7 LE / DJ Console 4-Mx - Guide - AR||العربية|
|VirtualDJ 7 LE / DJ Console 4-Mx - Guide - DE||Deutsch|
|VirtualDJ 7 LE / DJ Console 4-Mx - Guide - ES||Español|
|VirtualDJ 7 LE / DJ Console 4-Mx - Guide - FR||Français|
|VirtualDJ 7 LE / DJ Console 4-Mx - Guide - IT||Italiano|
|VirtualDJ 7 LE / DJ Console 4-Mx - Guide - NL||Nederlands|
|VirtualDJ 7 LE / DJ Console 4-Mx - Guide - PL||Polski|
|VirtualDJ 7 LE / DJ Console 4-Mx - Guide - PT||Português|
|VirtualDJ 7 LE / DJ Console 4-Mx - Guide - RU||Русский|
|Hercules DJ Series - Installation Pilotes MAC||MAC||Français|
|Hercules DJ Series - Installation Pilotes PC||PC||Français|
DJ Console 4-Mx - How to scratch MAC - PC
Hercules DJ Console 4-Mx demo MAC - PC
• Can I use my Hercules DJ controller with other DJ software? • Configuring external audio sources with the DJ Console 4-Mx. • DJ Console 4-Mx does not control VirtualDJ 7 LE 4-Mx, except for a few controls such as the crossfader and master volume. • Do I need to connect speakers to my Hercules DJ devices? • PC How can I use my computer integrated speakers and the headphone output of my console? (PC) • MAC How can I verify that my DJ Console 4-MX is correctly installed on my MAC computer? • PC How can I verify that my DJ Console 4-Mx is correctly installed on my PC? • MAC How can I verify that the DJ Console 4-MX is working correctly as a MIDI controller (MAC)? • PC How can I verify that the DJ Console 4-Mx is working correctly as a MIDI controller (PC)? • MAC MacBook laptop configurations & OS X optimizations • PC PC laptop configurations & Windows optimizations • The scratch mode does not seem to work. The scratch button is On, but the jog wheels don’t produce a scratch sound in VirtualDJ. • Virtual DJ - Using and recording external sources (Microphone, Line In/Phono) • What is ASIO and how do I use it?
I can’t locate the VirtualDJ LE serial number for my Hercules DJ controller. Where can I find it?
19-02-2023 - If you have a DJ Console Mk4, DJ 4Set, DJ Console 4-Mx or DJConsole Rmx2 (except Premium TR), the VirtualDJ serial number is printed on the underside of your controller. The serial number format is: X...
Optimize your Windows settings for DJing
19-02-2023 - To avoid crackling, popping sound and distortion, you should optimize your Windows computer for DJing. If it feels like your Windows computer is slow for DJing, you should try making the following ...
My DJ Console Rmx or DJ Console 4-Mx or DJ 4Set was working perfectly in Windows 7 (or Windows 8.0), but is no longer properly detected since I’ve installed Windows 10.
19-02-2023 - If you have a USB 3.0 port on your PC, and have not yet updated your DJ controller’s drivers, then your DJ controller is running an old firmware version: the DJ controller will not be detected in W...
My DJ Console Rmx or DJ Console 4-Mx or DJ 4Set, which used to work in Mac OS 10.10 or earlier, is not detected on my MacBook with Mac OS 10.11 (El Capitan) or 10.12 (Sierra).
22-11-2022 - If your MacBook has USB 3.0 ports, it may be a timing issue: Mac OS 10.11 and 10.12 have different timing than earlier versions of Mac OS. In that case, you should try to connect the DJ controller to ...
If the audio tracks are stored on a USB key, the playback quality is bad.
19-02-2023 - In Windows, you should not play your music tracks stored on a USB key for DJing purposes. You should 1) copy the audio tracks from the USB key to your computer hard drive first, 2) then remove th...
iTunes tracks are not visible in VirtualDJ LE
22-11-2022 - First, close the VirtualDJ LE software. Make sure that the iTunes option to share the iTunes library XML with other applications is enabled. To do so: Open iTunes, go to Edit > Prefer...
The microphone is not recorded in the DJ software
22-11-2022 - On DJ controllers, the microphone input is often wired directly to the master output (this is called a pass-through mode) to avoid the latency software may add, but the microphone's sound can only be ...